Support and Resources
Mental Health Support
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership
* Mood Juice - Free to use. Has crisis advice and contact details. Scottish so region specific advice isn’t applicable to Wiltshire but still has plenty of resources.
* Together All – Free to use. Online mental health
community, anonymous, can talk to people in similar situations. Also has specific military ‘rooms’.
* Samaritans - 116 123. “a safe place to talk any time you like”
* IAPT – Wide range of self-referral options including crisis contact details. Devizes based. 01380 731335
* MIND - Peer support, counselling, one to one. Melksham based.
* NHS Mood Zone – - a comprehensive list of available charities to help people in a variety of situations
Smart Phone Apps
* What’s Up? - Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) based, multiple features: education about common thinking errors and various healthier alternatives; breathing techniques for relaxation; a guided grounding exercise; a log for tracking “good” and “bad” habits; a personal diary for recording thoughts and rating feelings; a “Catastrophe Scale” for gaining perspective on problems; open forums for discussion with other users; and a selection of positive quotes and other motivational material. Users can also protect their data with a passcode.
* Headspace – app based meditation
* Calm – App based. Guided meditation. Free trial.
* Stop Breathe Think – bespoke for how much time available and how you are feeling at any given moment.
* Joining Forces – Designed for military and veterans from all three services but a wealth of resources available for anyone to use. Useful for patients as well as friends and family as gives advice on how to cope with loved ones with MH issues and how to talk about it.
* NHS Self Help App - a collection of self-help leaflets and resources easily accessible in the form of an app